The Window Rock Unified School District is proud to be one of the finest Navajo Nation school districts. Following our mission and vision statements, a team of more than 400 outstanding employees is providing a quality education to students in the Window Rock area – which include the Navajo communities of Fort Defiance, St. Michaels, Oak Springs, Sawmill and Red Lake. We invite you to take the time to learn about our school districts education model," Embracing Change for Student Learning", which includes six core principles that guide us in providing an exemplary education and meeting tribal, state and federal standards.
1. Exemplary Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
2. Exemplary Student Performance
3. Exemplary Staff Performance
4. Strong Parental & Community Relations
5. Safe, Efficient & Supportive School Environment.
6. Efficient & Supportive Learning Operations
>>District Parent Center
>>Help children cope with school
violence publication document